Monday, July 21, 2014

Back to the Drawing Board

I hate it when a plan doesn't come together.   I had a whole weekend off to work on my black and white challenge, and here it is Monday... and I am not happy with everything I did.

Since this quilt is largely carried by the characters done in appliqué, their expressions have to be perfect. 

Brilliant me, I figured I'd do the eyes separately, so I could paint them (the quilt is black and white but we have to add up to 3 colors, so I chose to only have color in their eyes). 

Of course once you start stitching something as small as a single eye, you're going to shred the fabric some, no matter how careful you are.  Once shredded, I tried to go around and "fix" it by just stitching over the shreds, creating yet more shreds.

I'm going to quit while I'm behind.  Time to start the faces all over.

About 6 weeks until I need to turn the quilt in for the show.

No pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment