I hate the term "blogging." Sounds like something the cat does in the middle of the night (usually in my bedroom doorway). I know very little about the concept, except that it seems to suit naturally chatty people who like to collect a variety of images, sound bites and random snippets of humor.
Yep, sounds like me!
Ten years ago, I started making quilts, knowing almost as much about quilting as I do about blogging. My mom always sewed, stitched and crocheted, so I've had a needle in my hand for as long as I can remember, but quilting had never appealed to me until I went to a quilt show.
Talk about a game changer! It was like being in a museum surrounded by beautiful art, cultural traditions and history. I was hooked. I made and entered my very first quilt in the next year's show and I have been doing it ever since, bumbling my way through new techniques and making lots of mistakes. Within three years, I was actually winning awards for my quilts. Oddly enough, my self taught approach seemed to be working for me.
So, here I plan to share the tricks I've learned along the way, both through my own approaches and the help of the many generous quilters I've met over the years, share my projects, showcase the many amazing works of other talented quilters, and post many pictures of my cats, who never let me create alone.
Happy Quilting!

No comments:
Post a Comment