Our house has this huge family room upstairs, which I was originally going to turn into my bedroom, but the skylights make the room very loud in the rain, so this room turned into a catch all for projects and leftover furniture for many years.
Those skylights, which can be a detriment in bad weather, also give this room the best natural light you can get; very important when trying to match thread to fabric or check true colors. Perfect choice to turn into my new and improved studio.
The room had shelving in the corner when we moved in, and as I keep a lot of scrap collections in plastic bins, it should hold them perfectly.
I'm leaving the cutting table downstairs, so I knew I was going to need a layout table for my studio. My mother and son came across this great walnut drop leaf table at the Betty Griffin Thrift Shop for just $75.
One of the leaves had a split along the grain line, so I patched it with a few mending plates and then bolstered it from underneath with a big wood cube shelf to keep it steady. As luck would have it, the table is the exact same height as my sewing table (which is an altered oak desk we also got at the thrift shop ). I finally have room to sew!
No comments:
Post a Comment